St. Paul’s United Church (SPUC) is located in Downtown Ajax, which according to the Region of Durham’s Health Neighbourhoods Overview Report, is one of seven priority neighbourhoods where focussed efforts are underway to improve the health of the community.
SPUC is actively involved in supporting the local neighbourhood and surrounding community through a variety of outreach activities.
- Benevolent Fund – a discretionary fund of the Minister/Office Administrator available to meet local community needs
- Collections of eyeglasses, stamps, soup labels, pop can tabs, milk bags, etc. – are provided to support other ministries
- Christmas Families – SPUC supports families in need support with grocery store and department store gift cards
- Joanne’s House – is supported with donations of money and toiletries for homeless youth
- Mission & Service Fund – a fund to support local and global ministries in areas such as education, health, human rights, and community development
- Salvation Army Food Bank – is supported with donations of money and food. The 3rd Sunday of each month is Food Bank Sunday
- White Gifts – each December gifts and money are collected for distribution to local shelters and the food bank
- World Day of Prayer – a local worship service that is as part of a global ecumenical movement of Christian women who join together for a common day of prayer for justice and peace on the 1st Friday in March
- World Development and Relief Fund – a special fund used to provide immediate relief in disasters
We also share our building with a number of community partners that provide fellowship and support for local residents.
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – Meetings are held throughout the week and are open to anyone. For more information, please visit http://www.aadurham.org/
Brain Tumour Support Group – meet every month to provide support for brain tumour survivors, and their caregivers. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Girl Guides of Canada – St. Paul’s is pleased to welcome back a local Brownie group. For more information, please visit girlguides.ca.
Impact Village – is committed to providing holistic ABA services, educational and supportive resources, parent/caregiver support and training, and consultative services that are built to set up individuals and their families for success in both their everyday life at home, as well as within their communities. For more information, please visit impactvillage.ca.
Narcotics Anonymous – offers recovery from the effects of addiction through working a twelve-step program, including regular attendance at group meetings. For more information, please visit orscna.org.
PROBUS Club of Durham West – Garden Club, Nature Lovers and Snapped Camera Club meetings are held at SPUC. PROBUS Club of Durham West is a club for seniors in the Ajax area, all are welcome. For more information, please visit durhamwestprobus.org.
St. Timothy’s Presbyterian Church – relocated to 65 Kings Crescent after the sale of their property. St. Timothy’s may share the same building as St. Paul’s United Church, but still remains as its own, unique congregation. Sunday worship now starts at 11:30 am. For more information, please visit sttimothysajax.ca.
To learn more about SPUC’s Outreach activities and how you can get involved, please send an email to the Church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Calendar page.
To learn more about our Partners and when their programs and activities are available, please contact them directly or visit the Calendar page.