Support St. Paul’s
At St. Paul’s United Church (SPUC) we are given the opportunity to follow the teachings of Jesus as told in the Parable of the Good Samaritan and to “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind” (Luke 10:27) We do this through worship, prayer and meditation and through our daily actions of sharing our time, talent and treasure with the church and the broader community.
Your support of SPUC, by joining us at worship, participating in a program or activity or attending an event is welcomed and appreciated. We also appreciate your financial support.
Individual United churches receive no funding from the United Church of Canada. Each church is responsible for the funding of all operations, activities and outreach projects. All money comes from Offerings, fundraising events and/or bequests. These monies pay for building maintenance (repairs, upgrades), staff salaries, worship and Sunday school supplies plus funds for all outreach projects.
- To review SPUC’s Annual Budget, please download a copy of our Annual Report.
Offerings are not fees or dues given out of obligation. They are gifts of thanksgiving from the heart. To make an offering to SPUC, please click on the button below to be automatically redirected to an online donation application.
St. Paul’s United Church – Stewardship 2019 – Loving our Neighbours 2.0
Stewardship is an important part of Christian life all year long, and here at St. Paul’s we make it our special focus in the month of October. It gives us a chance to look at how we have practiced stewardship in the past year, and how we plan to make it a part of our Christian practice in the coming year. At its core stewardship it is the recognition that all that we have comes from God, and it is our responsibility to use our resources faithfully through the management and sharing of our time, talent and treasure.
This year we are moving more deeply into the theme of Loving Our Neighbour. We’ll see how stewardship enables us to love our neighbour in practical ways and we’ll put some of those things into practice. Our worship services and the contents of the 2019 Stewardship Booklet will both provide opportunities for conversation and for you to reflect on how stewardship will be a part of our Christian practice in the coming year.
Please click on the links below to download resources that support your participation in Stewardship 2019:
All of our supporters are invited to complete a Letter of Intention during this month of Stewardship to support the work of St Paul’s United Church. Your commitment is not legally
binding and may be changed at any time as circumstances require. Please consider increasing your support as you are able and up-dating your PAR givings.
Return your response to the church by mail or in the collection plate as soon as possible. The Letters will be dedicated on November 24th.
Throughout the year, SPUC runs fundraising campaigns to support the work of the church. Please consider supporting SPUC by participating in one of our current fundraising campaigns:
Buy a Bundle
- SPUC has a new roof. To pay for this major project, we borrowed $19,000 from the Church Extension Council. One way we are raising funds to repay this loan is to sell bundles of roof shingles for $60 per bundle. The congregation has been very generous in contributing to the Buy a Bundle campaign. Have you bought your bundle yet? Please click HERE to make an online donation towards this campaign.
SPUC Water Bottles
- It is estimated that 68 Billion single use plastic bottles (SUPBs) are discarded annually worldwide (from procon.org). They can be found on beaches, in rivers, streams, lakes, and strewn about in our forests and provincial parks. The manufacturing of these SUPBs emits toxic chemicals into our atmosphere and the recycling of these bottles also uses toxic chemicals which eventually emits even more toxic chemicals into the atmosphere.
- SPUC reusable water bottles are now available. These 750ml, BPA free, dishwasher safe bottles are being sold at cost at $10 each.
- If any bottles purchased above the $10 cost, the difference will count towards SPUC’s fundraising targets.
- Bottles can be purchased at SPUC events.
For more information
Please also visit the Calendar page to view upcoming fundraising events.
Please call the Church Office to be connected to the Envelope Steward if you wish to learn more about making a financial contribution to the church.
Thank you for your consideration and generosity.